Are we really into the ‘F’ word? there’s so much confusion among people to be a ‘FEMINIST’ or not? Last day I ran a poll on Instagram asking people if they are feminist or not, and results showed that most of them are not. There can be many reasons behind it, Opinions or maybe false information. I was expecting that most of the people will poll for feminism, but it’s okay people are learning and will got to know, so,
I believe there are five critical reasons behind this:
1. Feminism has been associated with strong, forceful and angry women, and our society continues to punishes forceful women. (So much recent data and research has proved this.)
2. Many people fear that feminism will mean that men will eventually lose out – of power, influence, impact, authority, and control, and economic opportunities.
3. Many people believe that feminists want to control the world and put men down.
4. Many people fear that feminism will overturn time-honored traditions, religious beliefs and established gender roles, and that feels scary and wrong.
5. Many people fear that feminism will bring about negative shifts in relationships, marriage, society, culture, power and authority dynamics, and in business, job and economic opportunities if and when women are on an equal footing with men.
What do you think of feminism? Are you a feminist?
Let’s discuss the most demanding topic of all years. You can also Join the community.
Let’s chatFollow @anecdotes_1
I love Quotes, beautiful pictures and gifs, I’ve pinned a lot of it :
Here’s my Pinterest profile, follow me for more gifs and fun: