In the previous post, we’d talked about people’s possible perceptions of feminism. According to the poll, I’d ran on my Instagram page, people were against feminism, I thought to ask a few more questions to know what people actually believe in. So, I asked them if they ever felt alienated, if they know the difference between sameness and equality, what is feminism for ? for all or for women only? Though results were not bad, the people who voted for ‘not a feminist’, some of them know the meaning, some of them not.
There must be some reasons, upbringing part, the emotional part, beliefs, and people that pull them back to not believe in feminism.
I’ve seen this:
• There are thousands of people who ‘feel’ we’ve already arrived at equality for men and women.
• There are thousands who believe in equal rights but find “feminism” a word and a movement that doesn’t align with their personal beliefs or values.
• There are millions of people who both inwardly and outwardly do not support the idea that there should be equal rights and equal opportunities for men and women.
• There are also thousands of people who believe we’re not at all there yet and support continuing efforts to pave the way for equal rights for men and women.
• It’s abundantly clear that our specific views on these issues are rooted deeply in our own personal and direct experiences, rather than on any data, research or science surrounding the issues. (In other words, if we’ve personally faced discrimination, we know beyond doubt that it exists. But if we haven’t faced it ourselves, we often doubt that it happens.)
• Finally, both conscious and unconscious gender bias is rampant within us, but most of us aren’t aware of it
So, what would be helpful in this dialogue, or in this situation we find ourselves in today where there is a great divide among men and women, and among the people of our country who see things dramatically different from each other? There can be more reasons from different perspectives which are surely needed to be discussed.
Let’s discuss the most demanding topic of all years. You can also join the community.
I love Quotes, beautiful pictures and gifs, I’ve pinned a lot of it :
Here’s my Pinterest profile, follow me for more gifs and fun: